I really have only two shots of this as such, and they are far too touristy
However the reforestation of Northern Queensland is driving the Kangaroos into suburbia… the roo is a bit out of focus here (but is plainly visible).
There are a bunch of images that I took with the Bessa on the same roll of film that are frankly distordted. The colors are completly off. The saturation is nowrong. Now Ken says that he wants the most arresting image in a contest. And the dmage of the film actually made some good ones.
This is the first. It was a stadnard openin shot of the view from my home. But the tones are completely wrong, and the shot is under exposed…. I have scaled it and adjusted the contrast and brightness in GIMP.
During the period between Christmas and the New Year one of my sons and I went exploring. L lost a few shots of waterfalls — the film is a blur, but this wrecked shack is again an distorted, unbalanced, vintage image.
Technical: Bessa R with 35 mm Elmar F4.0 lens, Sensia film, cross processed and scanned.
These photos were taken on Sensia film camera. The day was quite fine: we were driving during a hot summer day into the Maniototo.
UNfortunately, I got the film jammed. To rescue these (and the next few posts, we had to force process the film and then scan it. I have not altered the colors because I like the effect.
This collection is a little more touristy than usual… and occured before it started raining continuously in Northern Queensland. The Statue is a warm memorial.
Have just returned from a Sunday drive with a broken Voightlander Bessa R: the film is stuck. Slightly annoying, to put it mildly. I guess the risk in buying 20 year old rangefinders from secondary makers is that they can break.
These shots, however, were taken on the Nikon DLSR, and that darn thing is reliable. I was driving from Auckland to Wellington, and this is Ruapehu, the volcano in the middle of that island.
I have just discovered Darktable, which is an integrated workflow system that (a) groks ubuntu quite well and (b) is opensource. It has a lightbox and file manager, handles the exports I like to do, and seems to be quite easy to work with. Has good reviews.
Early notes: it exports .tiff fairly rapidly: including turning everything on the card (there are 309 pictures there at present) both ,jpg and .nef, into .tiffs. And it can then export selected files, allowing you to set size.
This allows for a much faster workflow for me.